Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Earthquake

My heart, so truly goes out to all those affected by the 8.9 magnitude earthquake.
Im in tears writing this, I just watched the news, and it was so disturbing to me to watch the footage of people in office buildings with extreme shaking,
the footage of land quickly disappearing underneath water and rubble, it just breaks my heart.
I know how scary earthquakes can be. They are life shattering, and they put you one edge for days.
But 8.9 is just too strong. The tsunami is set to hit the Hawaiian Islands, and Guam, where my mom's Cousin and family is station. I can only hope everyone will take the precautions necessary to stay safe.
It's horrible to live in an earthquake prone area like Japan.
All I can think of are the people who may be injured, who may have lost their lives, who's lives will be changed forever, and how hard it will be for them to get back on their feet after this.

I hope the U.S. among other countries quickly provide aid to this country, in times like these we should not be fighting for money, power, or in the name of religion. We are people, its about time we act like it.


3 comments:

  1. First I want to say I love the name of your blog! That aside, I couldn't agree more with this post. It's so scary how quickly and destructively mother nature can work. My heart goes out to everyone over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, it's really sympathetic.

    www.faintheartedsparrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really tragic that the quake happened, and I hope that Japan gets back to normal really soon. I wish things like this didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete